Contact Name: Gary Stallings, Realtor – RE/MAX The Woodlands & Spring
Main Location: 442 Dogwood Lane West, Crockett, TX, 75835
Contact Details: Click to Send Email
Asking Price: $3,900,000 USD Approx 6.5% – 7.0% Cap Rate
*The below information while deemed to be correct is not guaranteed. All measurements should not be relied upon without independent verification.
Vacation Country Rentals is a very unique resort, consisting of eight rental properties, of which four properties are directly on Houston County Lake in Crockett TX. The Lake consists of 1330 acres, with numerous coves of cool clean water, landscaped with towering trees with undeveloped shorelines. Best known for active water sports like water skiing, wakeboarding, kayaking, swimming, and fishing. With the four waterfront rental homes are four rental properties not on the water, however, two are across the street from the waterfronts, with one other only a short walk to the lake. The last rental in the group is a free-standing property situated on eight acres located approximately five miles from the resort. Amenities included with the resort consist of a 1500 SF event center for weddings, family reunions, parties, etc…With 2-bathrooms, and a basketball court, there are two additional lots where other rentals can be built, two deluxe covered RV spots for large motorhome or fifth wheel and one smaller spot for smaller RV all with 50 amp service and sewage hookups, two large metal storage buildings, one with a restroom and a washer and dryer. Laundry facilities with three washers and dryers and a red barn equipment building with two extra rooms and a restroom/ shower. The properties are listed below.
Photos of the Resort
- Pat’s Place – Pats Place sleeps up to 14 people, it has two Primary Master Bedrooms, each with its own entrance to private areas attached to the main deck. The Main deck has a large cover, a gas grill, table, fans, and lighting. This deck is high up in the tree canopy. It sets 50 or more feet above the lake, the lake is less than 100 feet away. All of the bedrooms have 32″ flat-screen televisions, ceiling fans, and linens. Bedrooms 3 and 4 are queen beds with their own 32″ televisions. Bedroom 5 is a double lower bunk with a twin top and 32″ television. The game room can easily be its own semi-private bedroom. It has its own bathroom as well as two futons that are best for children.
- Lakeside – Lakeside is the largest and most spacious home with over 4200 SF. It sets on two lake lots, has a Gazebo and its very own boathouse. The 7 bedrooms and large upper game-room accommodate groups up to (but not exceeding) 22. Lakeside has a gas grill connected to a large tank so running out of propane is not an issue. It has a washer/dryer, two refrigerators, televisions in every bedroom with cable. The home has wireless internet, with Netflix in the L.R. and a game room.
- Owners Resident – This information will be entered later
- Awesome View – Awesome View offers incredible views of the lake from its huge shaded decks and sunny docks. Sit under the cabana and enjoy the breeze from the lake and ceiling fans while relaxing with a tablet or book. You could go down to the huge dock that sets over the lake and play in the water with your own complimentary kayaks. Awesome View has 3-bedrooms, and 2-baths, let’s start upstairs. The Master is a queen and has a private third-level balcony. It’s a favorite with many that like to sip coffee and look at the lake or read. It’s a unique feeling to be sipping coffee 50+ feet above the lake. All the bedrooms have 32″ televisions with cable. The second queen faces the front of the home (street side) and has a balcony overlooking the front gardens. Fishing off the dock is a favorite with the kids as well as the parents. If you like to eat what’s caught you have your own private fish cleaning station. At the end of the day, it’s time to head back to the Awesome View and fire up the gas grill, which is connected to a large tank which means you won’t run out of gas in the middle of a meal. As the evening creeps in and it gets darker it’s time to round up the kids, light the fire, and make S’mores around the outdoor pit. The home comes with a complimentary stack of firewood.
- Henrys Hideaway – This 4 bedroom home has all the amenities and comforts of a fine home. As is the case with all our houses there is no carpet to trap allergens. All our floors are tile and laminate (wood) flooring. The Counters in Henry’s are granite, in the baths as well as the kitchen. The home has two full bathtubs with showers. Henry’s is a Lakeview home. Henrys has an assortment of beautiful decks to spread out on. Whether you choose to grill, soak up some sun or eat some food you just prepared on the grill, you’ll love the colorful yard and plantings. The upper deck measures 14’x24′ with a lower 12’x12′ area and a fire pit area you see in the photos. The front porch is a great spot to sit and enjoy your view of the lake. If it’s warm outside, turn on the fans as you relax and enjoy the sunset and beautiful view. While Henry’s doesn’t sit directly on the water it comes with a walkway down to its own private section of the pier. It’s a great place to swim, boat or fish. There’s a fish cleaning station if you feel inclined to cook your catch! The walkway and all the decks are lighted which creates a beautiful look and makes it easy to traverse at night.
- New House Under Construction – Details of this rental will come later
- The Gregory – The first thing you notice when driving up to The Gregory is the long porch with the big hanging ferns, in season. Enjoy relaxing on the porch swing while reading a book or enjoy a cup of coffee while watching the deer roam the neighborhood at the cafe table. Park in the large circular driveway or pull down the side of the home. Head into this 3-bedroom, 2-bath home and you’ll fall in love with the open concept and large spacious rooms. The home comes with wifi and televisions in every bedroom. The living room T.V. offers Netflix. The master bedroom is spacious and has a large bath with a shower, corner whirlpool, and corner double sink vanity. The second king bedroom is also very roomy. The third bedroom is a twin over full bunk designed for kids. Walk out the rear slider onto the back deck where the gas grill is located. If you prefer, go sit in the cabana, turn on the fan and enjoy the evening. If it’s chilly or you simply want a fire, light one with the complimentary stack of firewood. Maybe roast some marshmallows or make s’mores. Head up the road a short distance to the lake and your own private section of pier.
You have a 14’x20′ dock to use as well as a fish cleaning station.
- The Creekside – Creekside is the perfect property for those that want some room to spread out. Situated on 8-acres with a cozy 2-bedroom 2-bath house by the creek. As you approach through the gate and you’ll see the house setting near the edge of a bluff. The home is neat, modern, and well-stocked for your stay. One thing you’ll notice is the bridge across the creek, which incidentally never runs dry. Cross the creek and you’re on a dirt road that loops or takes you to the lake which is approx. 7/10th’s of a mile away.
The walk back to the house area lights up at night so sitting on either of the two large decks is a matter of choice.