Contact Name: Richard Outzen, Partner
Location: Yakutat, Alaska
Contact Details: Click to Email
Asking Price: $2,495,000 USD
Currently operates from April 1st through end of September. Customer packages are all-inclusive, meals and accommodations. The lodge offers guided fresh and saltwater fishing as well as a variety of wilderness sport activities.
* The below information while deemed to be correct is not guaranteed. All measurements should not be relied upon without independent verification.
Additional Improvements & Equipment:
About the Lodge:
- Main lodge (8,000 sq ft) second floor, business office, conference area, and retail space with tackle shop and apparel line for sale.
- Main floor, dining room seats 63 people, commercial kitchen w/ fire suppression system, serves breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Full-service bar seats 40 people, with a big screen television, pool tables, dart board, music and dance floor.
- Full-service (revenue generating) fish cleaning/processing station. Located between the Main lodge and motel buildings, staff process customer’s fish by vacuuming packing it and storing in our walk-in freezers. Lodge owns three commercial vacuum pack machines and walk in freezers with capacity to hold all guests processed fish.
- Motel offers 31 Guest bedrooms, (8,400 sq ft), each with 2 double beds, 1 rollaway, and bathroom. Each room can comfortably sleep 2-4 adults. Many rooms have recently been renovated.
- New 36’ x 60′ pole barn with loft housing for 4 seasonal employees, has a dedicated shop with tools and equipment and winter storage for the lodge boats and self-guide.
- Lodge also offers unguided fishing and (revenue generating) vehicle rentals for client who prefer to rent a boat:
- 24 automobile rental vehicles
- 14 rental drift boats
- 4 rental jon-boats, this location you can fish for 18 hours a day.
- Tackle store stocked with everything needed to fish Yakutat.
- GBL offers a (6-pack) charter boat service. Our charter service owns a 28 ft North River boat. It has twin 250hp Yamaha outboards (new in 2020) and a 9’6′′ beam. Daily charters are fully booked during the spring/summer/early fall season.
- Loyal returning customer base.
As of June 2021, lodge is at 70% booked, July is at 100% booked, August is 70% booked, and September is 100% booked and already have booking for 2022 and 2023. This lodge has a capacity of up to 90 clients per day and will have 17-21 employees during the 2021 season.
This lodge is situated upon a 2.95 acre parcel of land that is centrally located between the Yakutat Airport and town. Alaska Airlines flies direct through Yakutat twice daily.
Located nearby is the Situk River which is a premium river with runs of Steelhead and all five Pacific Salmon species throughout the spring, summer and fall. We have drift boats that will take you on a 14-mile trip down the most beautiful river in Southeast Alaska, the Situk River. Other rivers are within a short drive and fly-out to remote rivers. Booking through the lodge.
The Yakutat area has the best bottom fishing in Alaska. The Halibut fishing is typically in shallow water with short runs to the fishing area and has the highest average halibut weight in Alaska.
- Ocean Charter
- Vehicle Rental Fleet
- Apparel in stock ($12,000 cost) and fishing gear ($5,000 cost)
- Rental fishing gear
- Tackle Shop
- Fish cleaning and vacuum packing for independent charters
The Yakutat area is perfectly located far enough from major cities so fishing here is a destination. The small town with limited access keeps the area from being over-fished.
There are a limited number of lodges in the area with Glacier Bear Lodge being the largest. It is the only full-service restaurant and bar in town. Most commercial properties are bed and breakfast type so having a full service lodge is an advantage in Yakutat. Glacier Bear Lodge cleans, fillets and vacuum packs the clients catch and sends them home with a box of processed fish.
Whether it’s a world class Alaska Fishing trip, or simply a chance to get away from it all, this lodge can accommodate. With 31 rooms, full-service restaurant, bar and fleet of rental vehicles – it has all the amenities and activities to experience a true Alaska adventure.
The lodge has a history of strong financial performance but still has many potential areas for a buyer to add value. Contact the owner for more information.
Land & Location:
Located nearby is the Situk River which is a premium river with runs of Steelhead and all five Pacific Salmon species throughout the spring, summer and fall. We have drift boats that will take you on a 14 mile trip down the most beautiful river in Southeast Alaska, the Situk River.
Reason For Selling/Transition:
After 20 years of ownership, the current owners are preparing for retirement. The owners will facilitate a smooth transition and provide training and assistance as required by the new owners.