Contact Name: Richard Lauzon, Owner
Main Location: 96 km from the village of Rapides Des Joachims Quebec. We border the southwest corner of the La Verendrye Reserve
Contact Details: Click to Send Email
Asking Price: $2,600,000 CAD
*The below information while deemed to be correct is not guaranteed. All measurements should not be relied upon without independent verification.
Walleye fishing is our bread and butter activity. We also enjoy very good lake trout and Northern Pike fishing. We have a spring bear hunt. A 4 week moose hunt from mid September to mid October. The past 10 years our moose hunt has been sold out. This is a commercial lease of 127.2 sq.km. We enjoy a repeat clientele of 90%.
Our clientele traditionally is made up of 90% Ottawa Valley people, 5% from Québec and 5% from the USA. The closing of the US border had very little effect on us. The Interprovincial snowmobile trail comes by the lodge. Opportunity for year round business.
Photos of the Lodge
- We have 3 camps at 10 mile lake that enjoy all the amenities of the city, even air conditioning! They sleep 15, 6 & 12 people. Most of the buildings were built by myself, being a master log builder and craftsman.
- We have 4 outpost camps sleeping 12, 8, 12 & 8 clients.
- 24 x 24 foot outdoor gazebo with hot tub.
- 30 ft x 50 ft shop with upstairs lodging for staff.
- A handcrafted log pumphouse.
- 350 ft drilled well. Great water.
- A 2400 airstrip was carved out of the forest in 1995. All STOL aircraft can get in.
- In 1999 until 2001 I was very preoccupied building a 600 volt 3 phase hydro- electric power generating station. It produces 35 amps/phase at 600 volts. A 112 KVA stepdown transformer provides extremely reliable 120/208 volts. The caplan turbine itself was manufactured by Canadian Hydro Components of Almont Ontario.
- The shed loading governor was built by Thomson and Howe energy systems inc. This is an Industrial setup that will last many generations. There are some over 80 years old and still running!
- 1 standby generator 40 kw. 3 phase
- 1 x 740 champion grader. 1980. Last year before they computerized them. KEEPER!
- 1 x 760 Terex 4×4 backhoe. 2005. 1950 hours
- Kubota 1140 diesel side by side. 2 benches ,dump box
- Bobcat 2200 diesel side by side. Dump box
- Hoshizaki KM-500MAH ice maker. 500 pounds a day.
- Log and stone cold smoker.
Reason For Selling/Transition
Current owners are preparing for retirement. 29 years at this business. My wife and I lived here year round for 19 years. The owners will facilitate a smooth transition and provide training and assistance as required by the new owners.