Contact Name: Rachel or Rene Bertrand – Owners
Main Location: 860 Quesnel Rd, Sturgeon Falls, ON
Contact Details: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 705-753-0509 or 705-471-3462
Asking Price: $1,550,000 CAD
*The below information while deemed to be correct is not guaranteed. All measurements should not be relied upon without independent verification.
Photos Of The Marina
Unique Marina Offering ~ Pristine Marina Property for sale on the lower Sturgeon River with direct access to Lake Nipissing. Servicing cottagers on Lake Nipissing and the French River Area for all their Marina needs.
Offering docking, parking, launching and boat storage. Also featuring 8 cottages that are rented long term (year-round), plus the office/owner’s residence with a solid and sought-after tenant clientele. Close access to the small town of Sturgeon Falls and surrounding, yet still boasting the quiet country cottage feeling. The best sunset views from all cottages/residences, truly breathtaking!
Also servicing & offering docking & parking for American clienteles/cottagers, including 2 fishing lodges on islands (with boat access) for their client’s parking needs and their own boat storage/docking needs.
There are amazing opportunities for this property – it is set up as a full service Marina – future owners will be able to expand to offer Mechanical Marina work and even sell Marine parts & boats – an opportunity not to be missed and amazing possibilities to expand! Incredibly low maintenance, as we have re-built pretty much everything – new docks, new Marina Shop, new parking area, everything is in pristine condition, the property is one of the most pristine property on the River! It has been maintained to a high standard.
Another business expansion that could be profitable would be to offer fishing guide, in the summer & winter with expansion of winter offerings, ice fishing huts, etc.
8 Cottages – all winterized, currently all rented long term and all waterfront. Waiting list for rentals – high demand of rental in the area.
- 1 main house with standalone shed and 2 door garage and 2 laundry rooms (garage and 1 laundry room used by owners – not part of tenant house), tenant house: 2 ½ bedroom with backyard and small deck – currently rented long term.
- 1 duplex, with 1 shed, 2 – 1 ½ bedroom, with front deck facing the waterfront – currently rented long term.
- 5 stand alone cottages, 1 with 1 bedroom (with small deck) and 4 with 1 ½ & 2 bedrooms, all have decks, some facing backyard/nature and some facing waterfront, currently rented long term. (2 sheds)
- Office with owner’s residence (1 bedroom) with large deck over the water’s edge with gas fireplace and wood stove. A true sunset lover’s paradise!
All cottages have wood log siding on the exterior – all stained and maintained. All cottages were recently all painted/stained on the exterior in the past 2 years. All decks have been re-done with pressure treated wood.
All cottages have been recently remodeled and maintained. Current heating source is electrical (owner’s residence is gas & wood) and main house is gas heat with garage having a wood stove (all certified WETT)
Some renovations were done from 2012-2014, and others from 2016-2020.
Our tenant clientele is quiet, clean, and respectful of the environment and seasonal business model. Mostly bachelor/ bachelorettes or retired folks who are enjoying the great outdoors/cottage life, full time. We have a tenant waiting list, as this is the perfect location for long term rentals (away from town, yet still boast that cottage life, maintenance free).
Marina and Other Enclosures:
- Marina shop: used for indoor winter boat storage, including an indoor workshop, 20 x 40 poured concrete floor for mechanical and boat/Marina work – Year built 2019-2020, includes electrical and water.
- Inside boat storage in the Marina Shop is fully occupied with many inquiries, we have started a waiting list, as it is in high demand.
- Wood & tool shed – built 2017.
- White canvas enclosure – used to store smaller/older boats for winter. We have plans to build a roof top, as the boat storage facility is in high demand.
- Parking lot – summer parking services and shrink-wrapped/outdoor boat storage in winter (gated).
- Gas/fish cleaning hut, right at water’s edge (needs attention/TLC) – could be transformed to a small storefront for gas sales, boat parts, etc…
- Pump House (for well water – all engineered to meet MOE regulations) – built 2012
- 26 docks: 12 floating docks + 1 (owner’s floating in front of office/owner’s residence) & 13 permanent cribbed docks – makes 27 slips to rent. All rented for the 2021 season.
- Recently build (fall 2020) gas dock for gas sale (waterfront) – permits are in the works and should be finalized by summer 2021.
- 1 launch area with concrete entry.
- Docks are fully rented, again with a waiting list.
All docks were refurbished with pressure treated wood in 2016-2017 with some floaters built in 2018-19.
Owned land, waterfront, driving access or Lake/River access.
- Marina shop tools (for shrink wrapping and other summer/winterization boat work)
- Office desk
- Lawn mower tractor and wiper snipper
- Case Kubota – to be negotiated?
- Battery operated Golf cart
- Freezer & fridge in garage
- Fridge/stove/dishwasher & washer/dryer in owner’s residences
(some chattels might not be listed – inventory at time of sale/negotiations are to be discussed)