Contact Info: Ph: 1 (907) 822-3482
Main Location: Gakona, Alaska
Asking Price: $858,000 USD
Photos of the Lodge
Historic Alaskan Adventure Lodge for Sale – Highly Profitable!
Gakona Lodge is a historic property and business that is rich in history and tradition. As Alaska’s oldest continually operating roadhouse. Located where the Gakona River flows into the Copper River, Gakona Lodge has provided a lifestyle/income package for each family that has run it throughout its history.
Gakona Lodge is currently open to guests from June 1st through September 15th. Under current ownership and operating conditions, this short operating season has been enough to allow for a profitable venture that leaves the rest of the year open to other possibilities. However, there is certainly business potential for a year-round business operation that alternates between the summer and winter activity cycles in Alaska. Northern lights tours, snowmobile expeditions, photography clinics, and back-country skiing are just some of the possibilities available to an industrious owner looking to make this their permanent home and place of business.
Located on Hwy 1 just 2 miles off the Richardson, Gakona Lodge is easily accessible to thousands of visitors and travelers. A loyal local population also adds to the interest and patronage of the restaurant and tavern. The lodge is on the electric grid, has excellent fresh well water, and high speed internet.
The sale price of the business includes all real property (lodge, restaurant, tavern, cabins, garage, barn, etc.), intellectual property (logos, client lists, domains & websites, booking engines, etc), current 2020 reservations, and business rights that make up current operations. Everything that the owners have bought, improved, added to, or use on a regular basis to operate the business is included. It also includes existing inventory, equipment, and business infrastructure (computers, Point of Sale Systems, Orvis fishing gear, Sotar rafts, transport vans, etc).
The sale comes with two separate Alaska liquor licenses. Current owners are motivated sellers who are willing to train you and your staff to successfully operate this amazing property.
P/L statements, tax returns, sales data, etc are available at your request.
- Lodge 5,544 sf Finished attic space with two bedrooms/common area and basement storage space not included in SF. Built in 1920s.
- Gift Shop 840 sf Built in 1920s.
- Bar 2,065 sf Only bar for over 40 miles in any direction. Built during WWII. Now includes an addition with 1 ea walk-in cooler and freezer. Addition of cooler allowed me to install a 16 handle draft system last year, more beers on tap than most bars in Anchorage or Fairbanks even have.
- Restaurant 1,650 sf Only restaurant for 20 miles in any direction. Built in 1920s.
- One BR Cabin 442 sf Built in 1960s.
- Two BR Cabin 552 sf Built in 1920s.
- Three BR Cabin 1,054 sf Built in 1920s.
- Barn 1,088 sf One of four original buildings built in 1904. Great for dry storage.
- Garage 2,627 sf Five bay, working garage for maintenance, tool/equipment storage, etc. Built in 1950s.
- Storage Shed 522 sf One of the original buildings built in 1904. Log frame building with board and batten siding. We use it for wood storage and storage of event specific items (weddings supplies, party supplies, etc.).
- 2 BR Trailer 450 sf Family or Staff housing. Can be used for long term guests or tour directors. The only non-historic building on the property.
- 2 BR/1 bath Jack and Jill layout.
- Original Lodge 2,560 sf Not in use – age damage
- Original Shed 221 sf Not in use – age damage